Long Distance & Virtual Consultations
Over the years, many patients and professionals not living close to Dr. Calkins have asked for evaluation of their situations and suggest a treatment approach. If you are a prospective patient who would like to speak with Dr. Calkins about your situation or a dentist who would like an opinion on a case, please send the following information via email, USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.:
- A completed Medical History Form found, Dental History Form & Confidential Information Form on our website (available here)
- A written description of your chief concern/reason for seeking a consultation
- Current gallery of 8 pictures (profile, frontal non-smiling, frontal smiling, left & right side pictures of the teeth, upper & lower occlusal pictures of the teeth) These do not have to be taken by a dentist but can be taken with a cell phone.
- If easily available, a current panoramic x-ray
- If easily available, a current cephalometric/lateral head x-ray
- If available, any previous x-rays &/or pictures that would help document changes that have occurred over time
- Any additional details of your medical/dental history that may help Dr. Calkins understand your situation
- If available, tomograms (x-rays of the temporomandibular joints or TMJ) if pertinent
After we receive your information, we will contact you to schedule a consultation. Long distance consultations usually last approximately 45 minutes and take place on select Fridays. Pictures & x-rays will not be returned.
There is a fee of $279.00 for this service.
Please contact us at 703-646-9950 or email@example.com if you have any questions or want to email information. I’m very much looking forward to meeting you!